The Thorold Public Library welcomes and supports all members of the community in the pursuit of lifelong learning and enjoyment of reading through free and equal access to information, ideas, and knowledge.
Thorold Public Library was established as a “free” lending library in 1895. Starting out with a collection of only 4,000 print materials, the library’s holdings have increased to include more than 89,000 items. The number of registered patrons has grown from 58 to more than 11,000. A century ago, only books and magazines were available for borrowing; today the library circulates not only print but also DVDs, CDs, and Video Games. In addition, the library serves as a vital community portal for access to electronic information and global communication.